I don’t know about you, but I absolutely LOVE the summertime. There’s always a barbecue to go to. Or a pool party. Or an outdoor activity like rooftops or concerts. However, there are also a lot of distractions and obstacles that we’ll have to overcome. Many of these are caused by our own emotions, because of the external things we enjoy doing.
So the question becomes; how can we stay in a routine or get back in a routine once we’ve lost it?
The definition of routine is a sequence of actions regularly followed; a fixed program.
Why are definitions so easy on-paper?
There’s No Such Thing as Time Management
I was taught early in my career there’s no such thing as TIME management only ME management. We all get the same amount of time in a day. How and with whom we spend that time is our choice.
Nobody said business should be boring, but it’s a slippery slope with the autonomy and freedom we get as solopreneurs. I believe that time-block CREATES autonomy for us.
How to get back in routine…
+ Recommit to your why or bigger future (2020 Vision – 90-180 days from now)
- Go there in the MIND…
- Daily/Weekly affirmations/intentions/gratitude
- Spend 15-minutes on Saturday thinking bigger about your future
+ Prioritize what’s important to your business
- Spend 15-minutes on Sundays planning for the week
- Non-Negotiables for your business
+ Be accountable to daily disciplines
- Start SMALL… ONE Thing (if you only got on thing done per day…)
- Make and keep commitments to yourself FIRST
- Minor, Private Victories always precede major public victories
Exercise: What daily/weekly Non-Negotiables do you have for your business?
- Personal example: videos, content creation, daily prospecting
Exercise: What obstacles will you face this week that will keep you from your non-negotiables?
- Personal Example: Summer fun, Happy Hour, Traveling, Networking
Professional = PAID. Amateur = NOT PAID.
- Intentional Congruence means ALL parts feed all parts
- Journal what times you get tired or distracted each day
Routine (Morning vs. Theme Days)
- Personal Development
- Professional Development
- Marketing Development
- Theme Days
- Be Proactive with your days and with your mindset
Reminder: Momentum is just energy moving in one direction or another. We are less than six months away from 2020. Do you need to recommit to your 2019 to position yourself to CRUSH 2020?