What is a lifestyle entrepreneur?
Some say a “lifestyle entrepreneur” is an entrepreneur who makes their living online.
They don’t have a physical location or need one to operate. All they need is a laptop and connection to the Internet to manage their business.
Here’s what I believe the true meaning is…
Lifestyle entrepreneurship simply means you create a business around the kind of lifestyle you want.
- If you want to do more hobbies then do more hobbies.
- If you want to take more vacations then take more vacations.
- If you want to spend more time with your family then spend more time with your family.
But figure out how to be just as, if not more, effective in your business while doing so. The new-age Work/Life balance means understanding what INTENTIONAL CONGRUENCE is, and why it’s the future of business.
This is where your business serves your life vs. runs (ruins) your life.
You understand that your hobbies, interests, friends, and family can feed your business. You can work from anywhere, with anyone, at anytime. And your loved ones can be there every step of the way supporting you.
How to build a business that SERVES your life vs. runs your life!
- Do the things you enjoy with the people you enjoy
- Be a person of interest/influence in the community as a leader
- When you go out of town invite other influencers or partners to join your family and go much deeper in the relationship.
- Have daily non-negotiables and routines around personal and professional development that you are accountable to.
- Leverage resources like social media to share your experiences with the world.
Don’t believe me that this works? Why does it seem like more people call you on vacation than any other time?
It’s because the days leading up to vacation you are more productive than any other time. You do more money-generating activities, and have a sense of urgency. Combined with the fact you’re more active on social media while you’re away which gets you attention.
The opposite of interesting is boring, and money follows attention and energy.
Could being a lifestyle entrepreneur actually be a new way of life for you?